All members of Newcastle SLSC are invited to attend the club’s Annual General Meeting for 2023, which will be held at the club on Sunday 23 July 2023 at 10am.
Call for Nominations
All positions across the Club Executive and Committee of Management will be declared vacant.
Nominations for all positions are now open and all current and financial members of the club are encouraged to nominate.
All nominations must be:
- Signed and endorsed by the member being nominated,
- Signed and endorsed by another Newcastle SLSC member seconding the nomination, and
- Forwarded via email to the Director of Administration at least fourteen (14) days prior to the AGM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The membership status of all nominees and seconders will be verified.
Any nominations not adhering to the conditions above will be deemed invalid.
Available positions include but are not limited to:
- Vice President/Director of Club Services
- Club Captain/Director of Lifesaving
- Director of Finance
- Director of Administration
- Director of Education
- Director of Junior Member Services (Nippers Coordinator)
- Director of Surf Sports
- Registrar (Junior and Senior)
- Surf Boat Captain
- IRB Captain
- Equipment Officer
- Gymnasium Coordinator
- Fundraising Coordinator
The full list of positions available can be found at Sections 33 and 38 of the Newcastle SLSC Constitution.
Any member who is unable to attend is entitled to appoint a proxy to vote in their place.
The proxy must be a current and financial member of Newcastle SLSC.
A member can only act as proxy for one other member.
Nomination of a proxy must be received by the Director of Administration no later than 24 hours prior to the time of the meeting.
If you require further information, please email our Director of Admin, Kate, at email@example.com.